Product Page

Naturalization and Citizenship Certificates Outline

Naturalization and Citizenship Certificates Outline

Get replacement copies of certified, USCIS-issued naturalization or citizenship certificates to prove your citizenship status.

Losing an official immigration or USCIS document can be a nightmare. While they're necessary to replace because they're important in proving your identity or legal status, filing for a replacement from the USCIS often involves complicated forms and a long filing process.

Here are some of the most common reasons why people file for a replacement:

  • My certificate was lost or stolen or destroyed

  • My certificate was mutilated

  • My certificate or declaration is incorrect due to a typographical or clerical error

  • My name has legally changed

  • My gender has legally changed

  • My date of birth has legally changed due to a court order or other state-issued documentsRe

How can you solve the problem on your own?

Replacement requests for naturalization/citizenship certificates are all covered by the USCIS N-565 form.

The form also covers requests for all of these documents:

  • Copy of Certificate of Citizenship

  • Copy of Certificate of Naturalization

  • Copy of Certificate of Repatriation

  • Declaration of Intention

  • Special Certificate of Naturalization to obtain recognition of your US citizenship by a foreign country

But applying for a copy of your certificate requires more than just the N-565 Form.

The application requires a fully completed N-565 form, different forms of evidence depending on your reason for the application and type of certificate, a payment of $555, and additional forms if you want to pay by card, want to receive an e-notification, or are working with an attorney. You must also include two copies of printed 2x2 passport-style photos with your application.

‼️ As you can see, the application process is hard to navigate.

How Can DoNotPay Help?

Which is why DoNotPay wants to guide you through the process of obtaining your official USCIS document.

Through our Naturalization and Citizenship Certificates product, we'll walk you through the application process by generating a completed N-565 form, an e-notification request form, a credit payment request form, and mail you two printed copies of 2x2 passport-style photos that you can use for your application. We'll also include a check-list for you to use to review all of your material before actually filing the application.

What our product helps with:

  • ✅ Generates a completed form N-565 (the application)

  • ✅ Generates a completed form G-1450 if you prefer to pay by credit card

  • ✅ Generates a completed form G-1145 so you get an e-notification when accepted

  • ✅ Generates two passport-style photographs that must be submitted with your application

What you do at the end:

  • 📝 Mail all forms and photos to the USCIS

  • 📝 Pay the $555 application fee by check or credit card

Here's how it works:

1. Search "naturalization certificates" (or "USCIS") on DoNotPay.

*2. Select the document you are applying for, and the reason why you need a replacement.

  1. Tell us more about the original certificate, including the certificate number, when it was issued, and the details of the person it was issued to. Upload evidence files to support your claims.*

4*. Enter the contact information for any preparers and interpreters that helped with the application. Select whether you want to pay the application fee by check or credit card.

  1. Indicate whether you would like to receive a digital copy of your forms or have us mail them to you.*

And that's it! DoNotPay will generate a completed N-565 form on your behalf, as well as a credit card payment request form and e-notification form if applicable. We'll also link you to our passport photos product, so you can get your official photos if you don't already have them. Lastly, we'll include a step-by-step guide on how and where to file your application. If you request your copies by mail, it should arrive within 10 business days.