Product Page

City Repairs

City Repairs

Let DoNotPay report maintenance issues in your city, including potholes, broken streetlights, fallen trees, and more to the city gov't on your behalf. If you experienced a personal injury/property damage due to these issues, DoNotPay can also help you claim compensation.

Did you know that there are roughly 55 million potholes across America and the AAA estimates that pothole damage costs U.S. drivers $3 billion per year? Not only are these potholes a nuisance to drive around, but they can lead to serious injuries and costly damages to vehicles.

If you notice a pothole or other maintenance issue, the first step is to report it to the city.

Since streets, sidewalks, and streetlights are all public facilities, the city government is responsible for their maintenance and ensuring everyone's safety. If you spot an issue, it's a good idea to report it to the city's Public Works Department so that it can be fixed as soon as possible.

DoNotPay can take care of the reporting for you and make sure the issue is fixed on your behalf.

đź’ˇ Through the DoNotPay City Repairs product, you can report any maintenance issue you notice in your county or city, and we'll file the report to your local government on your behalf.

Some examples of issues you can report include:

Blocked storm drain


Construction complaints

Damage to City property

E-scooter concern

Fallen/hazardous trees

General questions/concerns



Illegal dumping

Junk in yard

Leaf collection

Missed trash/recycle collection

Missing/damaged street signs

Missing manhole cover

Noise Parking violations (commercial vehicles on residential streets)

Park maintenance

Polluted runoff

Pothole or road maintenance issue

Request replacement trash/recycling cart

Sanitary sewer backup

Rats, pest, and other animal infestations

Sidewalk issue

Streetlight outage

Tall grass

Traffic light problems

Unsanitary conditions

How can you solve the problem on your own?

What if I was injured or my property was damaged as a result?

If you were injured or suffered property damage due to your city's negligence, you're entitled to compensation. In these cases, reporting the issue isn't enough. You should request compensation for any medical expenses or property damages you've experienced. Because most states have statutes of limitations and other protections in place to guard their employees and institutions from legal cases, you're required to file a Notice of Claim within a reasonable time in order to start disputes.

How Can DoNotPay Help?

DoNotPay can help you generate an official Notice of Claim and file it with your local government on your behalf.

Whether you suffered a personal injury or damaged your car, DoNotPay will automatically generate a Notice of Claim and create the best case on your behalf. We'll include your incident details, any witnesses that can attest to the case, and back your argument with state-specific laws regarding personal injury cases against public institutions.

All you have to do is:

1. Go to the City Repairs product on DoNotPay.

2. Choose one of the following options:

  • Report a maintenance issue to the city

  • Sue the city for compensation

3. If you want to report an issue, choose which problem you would like to report (pothole, broken lights, etc.) and tell us more about when you first noticed the issue.

4. If you want to request compensation, tell us whether you 1) suffered a personal injury, or 2) suffered from property damage. Then tell us more about the incident date, where it took place, and any expenses you have already paid. Include the names of witnesses if applicable.

5. Upload supporting documents and other evidence files.

6. Enter the amount you want to be compensated in damages and verify your e-signature.*

And that's it! DoNotPay will report the issue on your behalf, or generate a Notice of Claim to file with your local government. If you requested compensation, you should hear back from them directly by email or phone.